Creech Funeral Home has Served the Middlesboro Area for Over 80 years
Hobart Cawood worked at and managed Newman Funeral Home prior to opening Cawood’s Tri-State Funeral Home in 1932. He changed the name to Cawood Funeral Home in 1934.
The Cawood Funeral Home offered all types of funeral services along with the operation of an ambulance service. Cawood Funeral Home offered affordable burial insurance to coal miners at nearly every coal mine in the area.
Hobart operated Cawood Funeral Home for a number of years being assisted along the way by his wife, Elnora “Ella”, his brother, Pope Cawood and his son, Connor Cawood. The Cawood Funeral employed a great number of people over the years, some of whom have moved to other places, but still stop by once in a while to share stories of the time they spent there.
In January of 1978, Clyde and Bonita Bingham Creech purchased the Cawood Funeral Home from Connor Cawood and later in the same year changed the name to Creech Funeral Home. While the funeral home is still in the original location, the facilities have undergone many changes in the 76 year history. In 1986, the Creech family added a beautiful funeral chapel with seating for over 300 people. Then in the 1990’s a complete renovation of the entire facility was completed, giving Creech Funeral Home it’s warm, homelike atmosphere.
We at Creech Funeral Home are continually striving to improve the level of services we offer to those we serve. We are a full service funeral facility, offering traditional funeral services, cremations with or without memorial services or however our families choose to personalize their loved ones final tribute. We also offer advanced funeral planning which may either be pre-paid or simply pre-planned to allow those left behind to know your final wishes.
Middlesboro, Kentucky’s Premier Funeral Home